Born: 16th June 1969
Place: Carndonagh, County Donegal, Ireland.
• First Stand-up Show ‘Stop the Train’ in Kings Head Galway Ireland
• Appeared for the first time in Stand-Up Show, BBC. Tommy hosted the program up to 2002
• Wins Channel 4 “So You Think You’re Funny” Award for best newcomer at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival
• TV and Film work
• Appeared for the first time on the popular TV chat show “The Late Late Show” in Ireland
• Wins “Perrier Award” at the Edinburgh Festival
• Wins ‘Best Stand Up Award” at the British Comedy Awards
• Appeared in Father Ted TV show as Fr Kevin
• Appeared in ‘How to Love in the 21st Century’ and ‘Small Potatoes’ for C4
• Wins Hotpress Readers Poll for “Best Comedian in Ireland”
• Continued touring
• ‘Green Green Grass of Home’ documentary filmed about Tommy and his home town Navan
• Appeared in the film ‘About Adam’ with Kate Hudson
• Toured UK and Ireland with ‘Tommy Tiernan Live’ show
• ‘Supertramp’ TV show on RTE, a documentary about Tommy’s Irish tour that lasted 6 weeks where Tommy walked 650 miles across Ireland performing shows in small regional theatres
• Released ‘Tommy Tiernan Live’ DVD
• Wins Orange ‘Best of the Fest Award’ at the Edinburgh Festival
• Performed at the Aspen Comedy Festival
• Performed at the Just For Laughs Festival where he received a standing ovation at the Gala
• UK Tour
• Performed at the ‘The World Comedy Tour’ Melbourne
• Started touring the show ‘Cracked’ in Ireland, US and the UK
• Performed at the New York British Comedy Festival
• Had his own radio show called ‘Comic Inquisition’ on RTE 1
• Performed at the Brighton Comedy Festival
• Loose Tour; Ireland, UK and US. Tommy broke all Irish box office records with this tour by selling out in venues across Ireland including a staggering 104 dates in Dublin’s 1000 seater theatre Vicar St.
• Released ‘Cracked-Live at Vicar St’ DVD. This went straight to number 1 in the 1st week of release.
• JFL Montreal which saw 2000 Canadians on their feet crying out for more
• Toured Asia
• Released “Loose’ DVD. It went straight to number 1 in the first week of release and reached 8 times Platinum status
• Toured America with the ‘Improv Comedy Club Tour’, included was a 3 week solo run at the UCLA. He also sold out a 4 week run in NY which was extended by a further two weeks due to demand.
• Appeared in the RTE documentary ‘Flann O’Brien: The Lives of Brian’
• Had his own radio show on Galway Bay FM
• RTE aired ‘Jokerman: Tommy Tiernan takes on America’
• Made his debut at the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’, USA
• Headlined the first ever Irish Gala at the Montreal International Comedy Festival
• Toured Canada as the headline artist on the Just for Laughs national tour
• Wins ‘Ireland’s Funniest Living Person’ Award
• Released ‘Jokerman-Tommy Tiernan in America’ DVD. It went straight to number 1 in the 1st week of release. It reached quadruple Platinum status.
• ‘100 Greatest Stand-Ups’ BBC TV show featured Tommy Tiernan
• ‘Jokerman’ DVD nominated for IFTA award
• Just for Laughs Tour, National Canadian tour
• Started his ‘OK Baby’ Tour in Ireland
• Released ‘OK Baby’ DVD, it became the best selling DVD of the year
• Started the ‘Bovinity’ Tour. The tour culminated in 3 sold out shows to a total audience of 12,000 in the Marquee Cork. No other artist, Irish or international has ever managed to do this
• Presented ‘Tommy and Hector Show’ on iRadio
• Appeared in the ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ in New York
• Released ‘Something Mental’ DVD in America. It was aired on America’s huge Comedy Network ‘Comedy Central’ and a month later re-aired on their popular ‘Secret Stash’ comedy slot.
• Set the Guinness World Record for the longest Stand-Up Comedy Show by an individual by a staggering 36 hrs and 15 minutes.
• Completed many sell out “World Tours’ of various counties in Ireland
• Re-released a new edit of his number 1 selling DVD ‘Cracked (the Comedian’s Cut) Live at Vicar St’
• Hosted ‘Tommy and Hector’s Craic House’ with Hector which aired nationally.
• Performed at the Royal Albert Hall and the Udderbelly Festival
• Performed at the Toronto Just for Laughs Festival
• Performed at the Edinburgh Festival; his show received 5 stars
• Sold out his Australian & New-Zealand Tour
• 6 week UK Solo Tour
• Performed at ‘Comix’ New York
• ‘The Tommy and Hector Radio show’ moved from iRadio to the national Irish broadcaster 2FM
• Completed numerous Irish “World Tours”
• Headlined the “Michael McIntyre Comedy Roadshow”
• Solo run at Toronto’s Comedy Festival
• Australian-New Zealand solo tour; doubled in size since last year
• Very successful Canadian Just for Laughs solo tour
• Performed at the ‘Laughs in the Park’ with Ross Noble and Eddie Izzard
• Filmed ‘Dave’s One Night Stand’
• Released ‘Crooked Man’ DVD
• Sold out 15 nights at Vicar St, 1000 seater theatre in Dublin
• Toured the Irish counties Waterford, Wicklow, Cork, Galway and Limerick with great reviews
• Continued his very successful Irish “World Tours” visiting 15 counties this year
• Performed at the JFL Montreal Gala, Canada and received a standing ovation
• BAFTA screening of Tommy’s latest DVD ‘Crooked Man’
• Sold out run at Vicar St 1,000 seat theatre Dublin
• Wrote, directed and performed his own TV special ‘Little Cracker” for SKY TV. Following its success Sky has commissioned Tommy to write a sitcom which he will begin to shoot this Summer.
• Performed his 200th show in the 1000 seater Vicar St Dublin. No other artist nationally or internationally has ever achieved this amount of shows there.
• Made his debut in Dubai performing in the Grand Dubai Tennis Stadium
• Sold out Canadian National tour of ‘Stray Sod” to standing ovations
• A first ‘World Tour of the Islands’ where Tommy ventured to the smaller islands off the West coast of the mainland. Sell out World Tours of Northern-Ireland, Cork, Carlow, Kilkenny and Kildare.
• Sold out tours of ‘Stray Sod’ in both Australia & New-Zealand in October
• Sold out two week run at The Soho Theatre, London
• Completed his first European Tour. Each show was completely improvised from scratch each evening. This tour was filmed as a documentary for RTE called 'Tommy: To tell you the truth'.
Tommy continued doing the full length improvised shows as well as his structured stand up shows both in Ireland and the U.K.
• Tommy performed at the Latitude and Cambridge Comedy Festivals in the UK before heading back for a one week run at the 'Just For Laughs Festival' in Montreal in July.
• Tommy continued his World Tours of Ireland and filmed his new 'Stray Sod' DVD in Glebe Gardens Amphitheatre, Baltimore in August. The first stand up DVD ever to be recorded in a field, it went to double platinum status in one month.
• Started his brand new 'Out of the Whirlwind' Stand Up Tour
• Appeared on the Alan Davies ‘As yet Untitled’ Show and Live at the Palladium
• Completed 14 sold out shows in the 1000 seater Vicar St Dublin
• March saw Tommy perform in Dubai and Moscow
• Tommy toured Canada in April and was asked to come back for the Just for Laughs Comedy Gala in October
• After selling out two weeks in Soho Theatre London in 2014 Tommy was back in June with another two week run
• Appeared twice in the "As Yet Untitled" Alan Davies show. He also made an appearance on the ‘QI’ show with Stephen Fry.
• Tommy toured this year Ireland, UK and mainland Europe
• August saw Tommy returning to Edinburgh Festival Fringe for a two week run
• Filmed 'The Tommy Tiernan Show' in December which was broadcast on RTE. The show was such a success it will return in Autumn 2016.
• Tommy toured his ‘Out of the Whirlwind’ Show in Ireland, UK and Europe
• Toured Australia and New-Zealand in April and May
Tommy lives in the West of Ireland
Preview of the Stray Sod' DVD ...watch video
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the following Edinburgh shows have been cancelled: Sunday 20th, Monday 21st, Tuesday 22nd and Wednesday 23rd August....